Digital Issue 76 Autumn 2017
ISSUE 76 AUTUMN 2017
- In “Mindful Consumption,” Thich Nhat Hanh tells about the Five Mindfulness Trainings as a bodhisattva path and explains how to work with blocks of pain.
- Sister Jina reflects on cooking mindfully in the kitchen while Thay gave talks in the dining room next door.
- Practitioners share about the rewards and struggles of following a plant-based diet and engaging in mindful practices, such as a chocolate meditation, transformation of overeating habits, and making of “nut cheeze.”
- Interviewees reveal heartfelt insights from their experiences with rescuing farmed animals and creating animal sanctuaries.
- Plant-Powered Sanghas describe how they practice together, and offer a guided meditation for compassionate, plant-based eating.
- Illustrations from Brother Phap Ban and Brother Phap Ho, as well as a new Mindfulness Training and deep looking into mindful eating.
We kindly request that you do not share or distribute any content of the Mindfulness Bell without written permission.