Digital Issue 69 Summer 2015
Issue 69 Summer 2015
Our Summer 2015 issue is all about youth, community, and service – and it buzzes with lively energy! Guest edited by Wake Up practitioners, this issue is infused with the freshness and exuberance of the worldwide Wake Up movement.
In “Living Love,” Thich Nhat Hanh responds to a wide range of questions, including: Why do I fight so much with my sister? How can I stay present and not lose myself? How can I be free from low self-esteem? Why do human beings have egos?
The issue features inspiring stories of activism, spiritual practice, and insights from young practitioners around the world. To mention a few:
- “Breathing, Learning, Growing” – a dialogue on mindfulness with youth in the clinic and classroom
- “Wake Up Dreams” – a history of the Wake Up movement by Brother Phap Linh
- “What on Earth Is a Meditation Flash Mob?” – definitions and practice tips from Elina Pen
- “Shining Light on White” – Vanna Waldron’s candid look at transforming patterns of racial privilege
- “Weaving the Wake Up Web” – Brandon Rennels’ reflection on the past, present, and future of the Wake Up movement
We kindly request that you do not share or distribute any content of the Mindfulness Bell without written permission.