by Khanh Doan
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup organic cacao powder
1/4 – 1/2 cup maple syrup or any sweetener of your choice (if you prefer sweet
1. Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Place the cup or
bowl in a shallow pan containing a small amount of hot (almost boiling)
water. Stir the oil and butter occasionally until they’re completely melted.
2. Stir in the cacao powder with a whisk or fork until the mixture is smooth and
without lumps. Allow the process of stirring in the powder to become a
meditative process and perhaps align your breath with your stirring
3. If you choose to sweeten your chocolate, pour the maple syrup/sweetener into
the mix and stir well. Feel free to add vanilla, mint essence, or other
flavorings to your creation of love.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into a pan lined with waxed paper or into an ice
cube tray. You may choose to add nuts or dried fruits to the chocolate.
Refrigerate the chocolate for 30 minutes or store it in the freezer for 30
5. Once the chocolate has cooled and hardened, remove from the refrigerator and
break into small pieces for storage or to immediately enjoy! As this is raw
chocolate, be aware that it will likely melt quickly, so be certain to store it in