1 1/4 cup almond milk
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 1/2 tsp xantham gum
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp poppyseeds
1 egg replacer
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup soy yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp grated lemon zest (from about 2 large lemons)
1. Bring milk to boil. Add cornmeal, stirring, remove from heat and let sit.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degF. Grease muffin tins.
3. Combine remaining dry ingredients.
4. Add egg, oil, and yogurt to cornmeal mixture. Whisk in vanilla and lemon zest.
4. Add cornmeal mixture to dry ingredients, stirring with a fork until just blended. Do not overmix.
5. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-15 minutes.