The heart of the Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers.
The Mindfulness Bell invites submissions of prose, poetry, photography, and artwork for our upcoming issues. Material should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in daily life is helping to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being. Please share from your personal practice and from your heart.
We welcome your stories, essays, poems, and feature articles, and we especially request stories, poems, and artwork from children and teens.
Mindfulness at Work
Please share submissions of stories, essays, articles, and poems on:
– How Thich Nhat Hanh’s teachings nurture your compassion and mindfulness as a CEO, manager, entrepreneur, or employee in your workplace.
– How Thich Nhat Hanh’s teachings nurture your compassion and mindfulness when you engage in mindful gardening while in retirement, working from home, unpaid work / internship, volunteering, or mindful parenting / housework as a full-time parent.
– How you practice the Second Mindfulness Training, “True Happiness,” or the Fourth Mindfulness Training, “Loving Speech and Deep Listening,” at work and how this practice has transformed your life (see http://www.mindfulnessbell.org/the-path-of-happiness).
– How you transform conflicts in your workplace with your co-workers, manager, or clients.
– How you balance work and home life mindfully.
Send your stories / articles / poems (no more than 1,500 words), a photo to accompany your submission with a file size of at least 1 MB (optional), a photo of yourself, and a 2-3 sentence bio to email@example.com by October 31, 2017.
Submissions of artwork and photography on mindfulness at work are also welcomed.
Art and Photo Submissions
We appreciate photos, artwork, illustrations, and cartoons from your local Sangha, family, and community. Please send images as TIF or JPG files, 1 MB or larger. We can return originals sent by mail.
Submission Due Dates
- March 1 for the Summer issue
- July 1 for the Autumn issue
- November 1 for the Winter/Spring issue
It may take eight to twelve weeks for submissions to be reviewed. If you have not received a response within twelve weeks, you are welcome to contact us to inquire about the status of your submission.
How to Send
The preferred method is to email files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork should be sent as JPG or TIF files, 1 MB or larger. You may also send written submissions, original art, photos, or a CD of digital images to:
The Mindfulness Bell
PO Box 1201
Capitola, CA 95010-1201