The heart of the Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers.
The Mindfulness Bell invites submissions of prose, poetry, photography, and artwork for our upcoming issues. Material should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in daily life is helping to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being. Please share from your personal practice and from your heart.
We welcome your stories, essays, poems, and feature articles. Materials of 500 – 1,500 words are most frequently printed. Longer articles of 1,500 – 3,000 words are also needed.
We especially request stories, poems, and artwork from children and teens.
Plum Village Vulture Peak Gathering
Practitioners who attended the 2016 Plum Village 21-Day Retreat are invited to share personal stories from the retreat. Artwork and high-resolution photos are also welcome.
Submissions are due by November 1, 2016.
The Joys of a Mindful, Vegan Diet
We welcome submissions on:
– Your favorite vegan recipes and how they support your practice
– Your family's rituals for mindful cooking and eating
– The challenges and rewards of a vegan diet
– How your practice or sangha helps you work with your food cravings
– The story of an unforgettable mindful meal
– How you practice the Fifth Mindfulness Training, "Nourishment and Healing" and how this practice has transformed you (see http://www.mindfulnessbell.org/the-path-of-happiness/)
– How the Plum Village tradition and Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings have nurtured your relationship with food
Submissions are due by March 1, 2017.
Art and Photo Submissions
We appreciate photos, artwork, illustrations, and cartoons from your local Sangha, family, and community. Please send images as TIF or JPG files, 1 MB or larger. We can return originals sent by mail.
Submission Due Dates
- March 1 for the Summer issue
- July 1 for the Autumn issue
- November 1 for the Winter/Spring issue
It may take eight to twelve weeks for submissions to be reviewed. If you have not received a response within twelve weeks, you are welcome to contact us to inquire about the status of your submission.
How to Send
The preferred method is to email files to email@example.com. Artwork should be sent as JPG or TIF files, 1 MB or larger. You may also send written submissions, original art, photos, or a CD of digital images to:
The Mindfulness Bell
PO Box 1201
Capitola, CA 95010-1201