The heart of the Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers.
The Mindfulness Bell invites submissions of prose, poetry, photography, and artwork for our upcoming issues. Material should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in daily life is helping to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being. Please share from your personal practice and from your heart.
We welcome your stories, essays, poems, and feature articles, and we especially request stories, poems, and artwork from children and teens.
Nourishing Ourselves, Nourishing Our Sangha
Please share submissions of stories, articles, and poems on:
– Your aspiration of starting a Sangha and how you nourish seeds of joy and peace in Sangha.
– How you work with challenges that arise in your Sangha (e.g., sexual harassment, racial bias, depression, bipolar disorder), and what keeps you in the Sangha as you experience these difficulties; how you practice the Eighth Mindfulness Training of the Order of Interbeing, “True Community & Communication” (see https://orderofinterbeing.org/for-the-aspirant/fourteen-mindfulness-trainings/).
– Your techniques for building relationships with other spiritual traditions.
– Your transformative practices with the Fourth Mindfulness Training, “Loving Speech and Deep Listening,” or the Fifth Mindfulness Training, “Nourishment and Healing" (see http://www.mindfulnessbell.org/the-path-of-happiness).
– How you take care of yourself and balance well-being with awareness of suffering.
Send your stories / articles / poems (no more than 1,500 words), a photo to accompany your submission with a file size of at least 1 MB, a photo of yourself, and a 2-3 sentence bio to email@example.com by May 15, 2018*.
Submissions of artwork and photography are also welcomed.
* No exceptions will be made to submit past this deadline. Thank you for your understanding.
Art and Photo Submissions
We appreciate photos, artwork, illustrations, and cartoons from your local Sangha, family, and community. Please send images as TIF or JPG files, 1 MB or larger. We can return originals sent by mail.
Submission Due Dates
- February 28 for the Summer issue
- May 15 for the Autumn issue
- September 30 for the Winter/Spring issue
It may take eight to twelve weeks for submissions to be reviewed. If you have not received a response within twelve weeks, you are welcome to contact us to inquire about the status of your submission.
How to Send
The preferred method is to email files to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork should be sent as JPG or TIF files, 1 MB or larger. You may also send written submissions, original art, photos, or a CD of digital images to:
The Mindfulness Bell
PO Box 5131
San Diego, CA 92165