The heart of the Mindfulness Bell is the creative expression of mindfulness practice offered by practitioners throughout the world. The beauty of each issue comes from the creative fruits offered by our readers.
The Mindfulness Bell invites submissions of prose, poetry, photography, and artwork for our upcoming issues. Material should include specific examples of how mindfulness practice in daily life is helping to transform suffering, create peace, and improve relationships and well-being. Please share from your personal practice and from your heart.
We welcome your stories, essays, poems, and feature articles. Materials of 500 – 1,500 words are most frequently printed. Longer articles of 1,500 – 3,000 words are also needed.
We especially request stories, poems, and artwork from children and teens.
The Joys of a Mindful, Plant-Based Diet
Please share submissions of stories, articles, poems, artwork, and photography on:
– Your favorite plant-based recipe and how it supports your mindfulness practice
– Your family's rituals for mindful cooking and eating
– The challenges and rewards of a plant-based diet. How did you feel when you transitioned to this way of eating? What would you say to someone who is new to it?
– How your sangha supports people transitioning to a plant-based diet
– The story of an unforgettable mindful meal
– How you practice the Fifth Mindfulness Training, "Nourishment and Healing," and how this practice has transformed your life (see http://www.mindfulnessbell.org/the-path-of-happiness/)
– How Thich Nhat Hanh's teachings nurture your compassion and mindfulness when you cook and eat
– How you use loving speech to talk with family and friends about your plant-based diet
– How you keep your food waste to a minimum
– How our practice transforms the suffering of people and animals in food production systems
Send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2017.
Click here for a flier.
Art and Photo Submissions
We appreciate photos, artwork, illustrations, and cartoons from your local Sangha, family, and community. Please send images as TIF or JPG files, 1 MB or larger. We can return originals sent by mail.
Submission Due Dates
- March 1 for the Summer issue
- July 1 for the Autumn issue
- November 1 for the Winter/Spring issue
It may take eight to twelve weeks for submissions to be reviewed. If you have not received a response within twelve weeks, you are welcome to contact us to inquire about the status of your submission.
How to Send
The preferred method is to email files to email@example.com. Artwork should be sent as JPG or TIF files, 1 MB or larger. You may also send written submissions, original art, photos, or a CD of digital images to:
The Mindfulness Bell
PO Box 1201
Capitola, CA 95010-1201