Please visit the Plum Village website for news about the health of our beloved teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh, and for ways to support him with our practice.
Summer 2015 Issue
Our Summer 2015 issue is about youth, community, and service – and it buzzes with lively energy! Guest edited by Wake Up coordinators, the issue is infused with the fresh exuberance of the worldwide Wake Up movement.
In “Living Love,” Thich Nhat Hanh responds to a wide range of questions, including: Why do I fight so much with my sister? How can I be free from low self-esteem? Why do human beings have egos?
The issue features inspiring stories of spiritual practice and activism from young practitioners around the world. To mention a few:
- "Breathing, Learning, Growing” – mindfulness with youth in the clinic and classroom
- “Wake Up Dreams” – a history of Wake Up by Brother Phap Linh
- “What on Earth Is a Meditation Flash Mob?” – definitions and tips from Elina Pen
- “Shining Light on White” – Vanna Waldron’s candid look at transforming racial privilege
- “Weaving the Wake Up Web” – Brandon Rennels’ reflection on the past, present, and future of Wake Up
May these offerings deeply nourish our collective awakening.
Your support of the Mindfulness Bell is very deeply appreciated. May this written Dharma nourish your joy and awakening.
A lotus for you,
The Mindfulness Bell